Visit our great swimming pools!
Make a splash at either Havant or Waterlooville Leisure Centres. Each Centre has one of the best 25m swimming pools in the local area as well as a 13m splash pool. The pool at Waterlooville, which boasts a fantastic 300 capacity seated spectator area, hosts a variety of swimming galas and events throughout the year. With over 60 hours of public swimming time available at each 25m pool every week you can swim for fun and fitness at a time when it suits you. We also run a range of pool based Aqua Aerobics exercise classes at both sites as well as lane swimming and ladies-only sessions.
Havant Leisure Centre
Two heated indoor pools complete with a 1m springboard with a diving depth of 3m. The main pool at Havant measures 25m x 20m and is graduated from 0.9m at the shallow end to 1.9m at the deep end. Adjacent to the main pool is a shallow area (0.5m) which is ideal for younger children. A separate splash pool measuring 13m x 7.4m is also available which is perfect for children under eight years-old. Entry into the water is by steps and the pool graduates to 0.9m at the deep end.
Please note that there will be essential pool maintenance works at Havant Leisure Centre between Monday 7th December - Friday 12th February. We aim to keep the pool open during this time however appologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Waterlooville Leisure Centre
Two heated indoor pools. The main pool measures 25m x 17m and graduates from 0.9m at the shallow end to 1.8m at the deep end. A tiered seating area for 300 spectators makes the main pool ideal for watching galas and competitions. The splash pool is 13m x 9.5m and entry into the water is by steps and the pool graduates from 0.75m to 0.9m.
Please note the lockers in the changing rooms at Waterlooville Leisure Centre require a padlock to operate. Padlocks are on sale at reception or customers can bring their own.
Swimming Pool Admission Policy
Children under 8 years will only be admitted if accompanied by a responsible adult who must supervise the children in the pool.
One adult is restricted to accompanying 2 children under 8.
- Both splash pools are maintained at a slightly higher temperature than the main pools making the perfect for babies and younger children.
- There are no facilities for spectating when using the splash pools.
- It is recommended that your child has their first set of injections before they start swimming - if you have any doubts, consult your midwife or doctor first.
- Swim nappies must be worn by the very young and they are on sale at both sites.
- The swimming pools at Havant and Waterlooville Leisure Centres are fully accessible to customers in wheel chairs.
- Please note that the swimming pool is only open 10am - 3.30pm on Bank Holidays.
- Please note that the swimming pool timetable changes during most school holidays.
Please note that in the Swimming brochure it states that Inflatable Sessions at Havant Leisure Centre are £3.50 Juniors and £4.70 Adults however they are now £3.10 Junior and £4.10 Adults.
Horizon Swim School
Horizon Swim School has been running for over 40 years with a great friendly team of qualified swimming teachers. Offering over 250 lessons each week for babies, toddlers, children and adults as well as one-to-one lessons.
- Fun lessons that meet the needs of the swimmer
- Choice of days and times to suit family commitments
- Professional and qualified teachers
- Awards scheme with badges and certificates (included in the price)
- Lessons for babies (3 months upwards), children and adults of all abilities
- Holiday activities including water polo, synchronised swimming and snorkelling
- A great social activity with mental and psychological benefits
- Swimming aids brain development in children and boosts self confidence and self esteem
Fit n Swim
A 1 hour aquatic workout with coaching support
Monday 8.00pm - 9.00pm at Waterlooville Leisure Centre
Tuesday 9.30am to 10.30am at Waterlooville Leisure Centre (term time only)
Aimed at all those who wish to include swimming in their fitness/training regime.
Each session consists of a warm up, some technique drills and/or strength training and a swim warm down. The session is conducted in 4 lanes with swimmers joining a lane appropriate to their swimming ability/fitness level.
As a minimum swimmers should be capable of around 1000 metres (40 lengths) in an hour and would be looking to progress to 2000+There is opportunity to use all strokes for those who are able but a minimum of 2 strokes is required of which front crawl must be one.
If you would like any more information on swimming please contact reception at you nearest leisure centre.